We will provide updates to the season here on the front page of the website as we prep and move through the season.
Please check back soon for further updates on the upcoming season.
We do anticipate being able to provide basketball opportunities for 1st through 6th, plus 7th and 8th grade travel (middle school BB is handled through community education). However, all activities are subject to change.
We expect to hold a registration in Early October.
Normal tabs to the website will be updated as we solidify plans for the season.
More to come and thank you for your patience!
More to come here as we navigate the rules we will be working through for our youth basketball season!
Players will have the opportunity to get on the court and practice their basketball skills in preparation for winter basketball. Sessions will include focus on dribbling, passing, shooting, offensive and defensive concepts. Clinics are at The Salvation Army and facilitated by RBA staff. Beginning week of 10/12 ending week of 11/9.
SPECTATORS: We will be complying with the recommendation of 25 people or less on the court. Therefore we are not able to allow parents/spectators at this time. We understand this may be frustrating. Our intent it to keep staff and athletes as safe as possible by limiting the number of people in the gym.
The registration fee per player is $35. Registrations without payment will not be considered. Deadline for registration is Friday, October 2, 4:00pm. Players may only be registered for only one of the 4 sessions.
REGISTRATIONS MAY BE DROPPED OFF OR SENT TO:
The Salvation Army, 215 S 27th Ave W, Duluth, MN 55806
Questions? email@example.com or 218-576-6174.
In line with COVID-19 government prevention practices we are modifying our fall programming to best ensure safety by:
· Requiring all parent/guardians will complete a daily health screening for each child before signing in,
· Requiring all persons entering the facility will have a touchless temp check performed. Anyone with a temp above 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to enter,
· Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who has been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 should not enter the facility,
· Requiring face coverings to be worn by everyone entering the building. The only exception to this is children who choose to remove their face covering during play in the gym. Children will immediately resume wearing face coverings as soon as game play ends,
· Requiring anyone present who later tests positive for COVID-19 to contact RBA staff as soon as possible.
· Focusing clinics on individual skill development,
· Increasing our sanitation procedures, including equipment,
· Using activities will be used that will limit shared equipment,
· Encouraging staff & children practicing frequent, good hygiene,
· Requiring all to bring their own water bottle,
· Limiting registration to 20 per session,
· Providing a safe & fun youth fall experience!
This format allows us to limit the number of people coming into contact with each other. We will also be able to maintain attendance records and notify any athlete/staff member who may have come into contact with someone who notifies us they tested positive for COVID-19. While we can’t eliminate all risk, it is our goal to provide a controlled and safe opportunity for your child.